ICONO has been providing guided walking tours around Barcelona for years. They truly know the city and all of its secrets, and you can be sure that you will be provided the perfect guided tour.
ICONO offers clients of Oh-Barcelona.com a discount of 10%
Thinking of coming to Barcelona? In order to obtain the above discount you must be client of Oh-Barcelona.com, and book your accommodation.
The History of the Cathedral of the Sea
This tour will take you to the scenes of the famous book about the Santa Maria del Mar church in the heart of Barcelona’s ancient quarters.
You can take yourself into the pages of the book and relive the story told, which is widely regarded as the best ever written, that is set in Barcelona.
For those of you not familiar with the story, read on and also don’t hesitate to read our article about books set in Barcelona.
The tour will allow you to take in the scenes of this captivating novel, whilst also letting you explore the Gothic quarter of Barcelona. The tour guide is an expert of the area and will tell you stories that not even locals would know about. They have a great inside knowledge, and put it across in a humorous way designed to entertain you for the full tour.
- Santa Maria del Mar – The heart and soul of the novel and where you can find out the history of the building
- Canvis Nous / Canvis Vells – Home to the office of one of the main characters, Arnau
- Consolat de Mar (Fish Market) – Where Arnau also worked
- Montcada Street – Home to the palaces featured in the novel
- Bernat Marcus Chapel – Where Arnau escaped from the soldiers
- Placa de la Llana – Where Aledis stayed at a hostel in the book, which is still there now
- Placa del Blat (Placa de l’Angel) – Where Bernat was executed
- Placa del Rei (King’s Square) – Home of the Royal Palace featured in the story
- Mont Taber – Where the 2 main characters tried to climb to the highest point in the old town
- Sant Just i Pastor Church – Where Arnau and his friend went to look for the Virgin Mary
- Jewish Neighbourhood – Where Arnau helped the Jews when they were accused of causing diseases
- Cathedral – Remembering the time that Bernat and Arnau enter Barcelona
Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 19:00
English and Spanish
Price: €14- Bank transfer or Visa cardPlease note that payment in full should be made in advance. Payment can be made in cash to the guide at the beginning of the tour.
ICONO Serveis CulturalsAvda. Portal de l’Àngel, 38 4º 2ª08002 Barcelona
click here for the map of the office location
Tour Start and End Points
Meeting Point: Santa Maria del Mar square. Jaume/ Barceloneta
End Point: Plaça Nova. Metro: Liceu
Timetable: The tour is available on request, check the calendarfor exact timing.Length of tour: 2 Hours 30 mins.
To claim the Oh-Barcelona.com 10% discount you need to contact ICONO to reserve your place.
How to book with Oh-Barcelona.com
Save up to 30 % with our Oh-Barcelona.com discounts, click here!
How to book with Icono
Telephone: (+34) 93 410 1405 or (+34) 93 410 8499
Fax: (+34) 93 410 8588