Are you a fan of water activities? Have you ever wanted to explore random coves and narrow passages of marine life and vegetation? Well now you can by going kayaking in the beaches around Barcelona. For the explorer, this unique experience will combine the elements of nature, physical exercise, relaxation, great fun and disclose parts of the Mediterranean you’ve never seen before.
The best place to partake in this exciting activity is definitely north of Barcelona, tucked away in many small caves along the breath taking coast of Costa Brava. Day excursions or multi-day trip side trips take you 1 hour outside of bustling Barcelona (either by train or some companies arrange transport to and from) to the tranquil out of the way villages and gorgeous crystal clear waters of Costa Brava offering an amazing sea kayaking adventure. Interestingly, in some kayaking excursions, you will enter dark coves whereby you will be given lanterns to help you navigate through the obscurity and see the natural beauty within.
Recommended kayaking tours around Barcelona:
However, generally with most kayaking companies, there is a minimum number of people required to participate, which can often be a deterrent or factor preventing people from taking part in this experience. Nevertheless, it is a rather peaceful activity which requires no prior experience and there are many companies which have differing prices and exceptions of which some include:
• Price: 55€
• Duration: 3 to 4 hours
• Availability: Monday to Sunday from May to October
• Participants: Minimum 6 and maximum 12
• Additional Information: Minimum age is 14 years of age
Telephone: +34 93 270 2048
• Price: 110€
• Duration: 8 to 9 hours
• Availability: late May to late September
• Participants: Minimum 2 and maximum 8
• Additional Information: Appropriate for all ages.
• Inclusions: Free transport, picnic lunch in cave, kayak and gear
Telephone: +34 93 500 1616
Furthermore, if your looking to for a kayaking compnay within Barcelona, you can hire with:
• Price: 143.60€
• Duration: 10 Hours (Spread over 4 days)
• 2 Possibilities: Over 2 weekends or one intensive week (Monday to Thursday)
• Availability: Monday to Friday from July to September
• Additional Information: If you would like to rent at other times, you just have to call a day in advance
Telephone: +34 93 221 043
Sea kayaking is certainly best along the Costa Brava and caters to those who want to have a pleasant lunch by the caves and cliffs and discover those hidden beauties of nature that would have most definitely been missed otherwise.